- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 cups eggnog
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs separated
- Sap bourbon barrel-aged maple syrup (for serving)
- Heat your waffle iron while preparing the batter.
- In a medium size bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt and light brown sugar. Stir together with a fork to mix.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the eggnog, oil and vanilla extract. Separate the eggs adding the yolks to the wet ingredients and putting the whites into another small mixing bowl.
- Using a hand mixer beat the eggs until stiff white peaks form. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir together. Then fold in the egg whites (this keeps the waffles super fluffy).
- Spray your waffle iron with non stick cooking spray then cook the waffles according to your waffle maker's instructions.
- Top with a drizzle of Sap syrup!